Alkaline Hydration: Summer Dream Infusion
Strawberries are one of the most refreshing fruits. They are especially delicious in the summer when we are in need of a healthy, delicious snack. For this reason, we have created a simple alkaline refreshment recipe that features these berries: the Summer Dream Infusion. It’s an alkaline and energizing drink that will help you get through even the hottest summer days.
First, let’s take a look at why it’s pivotal to use alkaline water when making this drink.
Benefits of Drinking Alkaline Water
Many health-conscious individuals choose to drink alkaline water and eat alkalizing foods. But, what is all this hype about? It’s about maintaining your body’s optimal pH balance so you can feel your best. Due to a fast-paced lifestyle, it’s common to experience an onslaught of acidity in the body.
How? Eating comfort foods and drinking pop or alcoholic beverages, although a convenient and easy option, leads to excess acidity in the body. Similarly, stress and environmental factors like air pollution can generate acidity.
Too much acidity can disrupt your optimal pH balance, leading to inflammation and ultimately increasing your risk of sickness and poor health. Long-term acidity overload may lead to chronic diseases like diabetes, heart disease and cancer.
Luckily, we can support our optimal body balance by choosing to eat alkaline foods and drink alkaline water.
Alkaline water has a pH above 7.0, usually ranging from 7.5-9.5. Alkaline water has essential minerals like calcium and magnesium that support hundreds of bodily functions to help your body thrive and neutralize that excess acidity we mentioned earlier. Similarly, alkaline foods nourish our body with nutrients and help counterbalance acidity build up.
Drinking alkaline water with minerals and eating high alkaline foods can help you maintain optimal health by:
- Stabilizing the pH in every area of your body
- Reducing your acid load so your body doesn’t need to work as hard to neutralize it
- Providing you with more energy
- Providing you with more antioxidants (which help you maintain your youth and your glowing skin!)
Summer Dream Infusion
For this refreshing summer drink, we have only included non-acidic foods. If you are interested in discovering other alkalizing foods so that you can create your own personalized alkaline diet plan, check out this blog post. Here, we feature our best alkaline foods list so that you can meal prep in a health-conscious way.
Now, let’s dive into what you truly came here for - our recipe!
- 1 liter of Santevia Alkaline Water
- 15 strawberries
- 1 large kiwi or 2 small ones
- 2 limes
- Wash your fruit.
- Slice the strawberries and remove the tops.
- Slice your kiwi and limes into thin slices. Leaving the skin on.
- Place your strawberries, limes and kiwi into a large pitcher.
- Pour your Santevia water over your fruit.
- Mix well with a spoon and then let sit on the counter or in your fridge for 30 minutes before serving.
- When pouring into glass you can add in some ice and some extra fruit to garnish.
- Will keep in the fridge for 24 hours.
Best Alkaline Water Filter
Not all water is the same. Unlike some of the most famous water filter brands, Santevia does not limit itself to eliminating contaminants. We take out the bad, and add back in the good!
Our alkaline water filters remove contaminants such as chlorine and heavy metals, and add back in healthy minerals such as calcium, magnesium, and other trace minerals.
The addition of healthy minerals naturally increases the alkalinity and pH of your water. Not only do these minerals help your body thrive, it makes the water taste like it’s from a fresh mountain stream: smooth and delicious!
Try the MINA Alkaline Pitcher today!