COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Personal data is defined as any information that can identify an individual. The type of information we collect depends on your interaction with us.
PERSONAL DATA YOU PROVIDE TO US
We may collect personal data from you when you use our site or services. This can include the following:
- Creating an account with us.
- Placing an order for any of our products.
- Voluntarily completing any of our surveys or providing feedback on our site.
- Registering for our Filter Ease program.
- Signing up for notifications for our products or services.
Examples of information we collect, but is not limited to, include your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, email address, and phone number).
PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY
We automatically collect certain information about your device whenever you visit our site or use our services. This can include information about your web browser, IP address, time zone and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse our site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to our site, and information about how you interact with our site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- Cookies - data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies and how to disable cookies, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org
- Log Files - Track actions occurring on our site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages and date/time stamps.
Web Beacons, Tags and Pixels - Electronic files use to record information about how you browse the site.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA
We use your personal data that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through our site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmation). It also helps us improve and optimize our site by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with our site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns. Additionally, we may use this information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Administer this website;
- Personalize the website for you;
- Enable your access to and use of the website and e-commerce platform;
- Recommend registering with the website newsletter or FilterEase;
- Provide expedited warranty or return customer service;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud;
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services; and
- To provide personalized marketing and promotional offers through our SMS marketing service. You can opt out from receiving text notifications at any time.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We share your personal data with third parties to help us use the information, as described above.
- We use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your personal data here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy
- We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use our site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/ You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Information about how our products are viewed, shared and purchased will be processed by analytics partners, search engine providers and advertising networks. This enables us to continually identify how to improve our websites and apps to deliver you products and services that reflect your preferences. We use remarketing tracking cookies and conversion pixels from Google, Facebook, and Microsoft Ads in order to promote our products or services after visiting our website, depending on your browser cookie settings. We also create custom audiences based on our subscriber and customer databases, in order to only present relevant offers. When using remarketing, some personal data is used to identify the user including IP address and email. Upon transfer, any personal data is removed (hashed) in advance from social media and advertising platforms.
Finally, we may also share your personal data to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights. Where Santevia discloses your personal data to its agents or sub-contractors for these purposes, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that information in accordance with the terms of this policy.
Users may opt out of personalized advertising by visiting Ads Settings.
As described above, we use your personal data to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at: http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing - https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/
Please note that Santevia Water Systems Inc. does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
When you place an order through our site, we will retain your personal data for our records in accordance with applicable law unless you ask us to delete this information. We will take the appropriate action to permanently remove the personal data if it is no longer used for its original purpose as described above.
SECURING YOUR DATA
At Santevia, we want to ensure you are fully aware of all your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- You may request to update your account or profile information that we retain by submitting a written request to us.
- Under certain conditions, you may request the deletion of your personal data.
If you are a European resident, you are entitled to the following rights. A European resident is defined as an individual (not a corporation or business entity) that resides in Europe, even if that person is temporarily out of the country.
- You may request to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated or deleted.
- Under certain conditions, you may request to restrict processing of your personal data.
- You may request that your personal data be deleted or removed when it is no longer used for its original purpose as described above.
- Under certain conditions, you may withdraw your consent to use your personal data.
- You may request that we transfer your personal data to either you or to a third-party of your choice. Please note the personal data collected is solely automated information which you provided us as described above.
Additionally, we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through our site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
If you are a resident of California, you are entitled to the following rights. A California resident is defined as an individual (not a corporation or business entity) that resides in California, even if that person is temporarily out-of-state.
- The right to know or to be notified about the personal data that we collect and how it is used and shared as described above. More specifically, you may request:
- The categories of personal data collected or specific pieces of personal data collected.
- The categories of sources for personal data.
- The purpose for which we use your personal data.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share the personal data.
- The categories of personal data that may be disclosed to our third-parties.
- The right to delete personal data that we collect, under certain conditions.
- The right to opt-out of selling your personal data. Please contact us to submit an opt-out request.
- The right to not be discriminated against for exercising your CCPA rights. This includes:
- Denying goods to you.
- Charging a different price to you.
- Providing a different level of quality of goods or services to you.
This website contains links to other websites. Santevia is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
Santevia Water Systems Inc.
[Attn: Privacy Compliance Officer]
201 - 6901 72nd Street, Delta BC V4G 0A2, Canada